The Redskins played the Houston Texans on Sunday, and it was quite a game. My daughter (on the left) and her college roommate came all the way from North Carolina for the game, just to go from ‘all smiles’ to ‘nobody talk to me’. Although we didn’t come away with a victory, it was a very entertaining game. When the Redskins lose a game, my whole week is pretty scrambled. I mean…my ability to think straight is reduced, my tolerance for (all) people decreases, even my fabulous sense of humor suffers…and we all know aint nuthin’ funny ‘bout that!
Here, Vee, Mamma Portis and I smile before the game. We had to smile before the game, because it was only shock and disbelief on our faces as the game slowly (but surely) slipped away. The Redskins had several opportunities to win the game…clearly not enough. For every good Redskins statistics, the Texans had a better stat. Check out these game day stats:
· The Redskins scored on their first three possessions. (First time doing that since 2003.)
· The Texans scored the last four scoring drives. (We got tired from all that early scoring.)
· The Texans had 5 penalties for 45 yards. (Cool, that’s almost half the field.)
· The Redskins had 7 penalties for 58 yards. (Damn, that is more than half the field.)
· The Redskins had a 17 point lead, with 5:31 left in the 3rd Quarter. (Yeah Baby!!)
· This brings me back to the last four Texans scoring drives! (20 unanswered points. Ugh!!)
· The Redskins Defense had 1 INT and 5 sacks!! (Defense!! Defense!!)
· The Redskins had 1 INT and 5 sacks, but Schaub still passed for 497 yards. (This guy!!)
· The Redskins Offense racked up 421 net yards. (Offense!! Offense!!)
· The Texans Defense held our rushing game to 17 attempts for 18 yards. (Wait…what??)
· The Texans Kicker, Rackers, missed a 47 yard FG...it was wide right. (Hee-hee!!)
· The Redskins Kicker, Gano, missed a 52 yard FG...it was wide right. (NO fair!! He made the 1st one!!)
· The Redskins lost the coin toss in overtime, but stopped the Texans. (Our turn for the ball, Baby!!)
· The Redskins lost the coin toss, stopped the Texans but couldn’t score. (Their turn for the ball!!)
· The Redskins had five scoring drives resulting in 3 Touchdowns and 2 FGs.
· The Texans had six scoring drives resulting in 3 Touchdowns and 3 heartbreaking FGs.
I have to admit; the Texans played the entire game and never gave up. The Redskins need to learn to stop letting leads slip away. The entire state of Texas had to be glad to see the Texans start the season 2-0, especially against the Redskins. However, I will cheer with half of the state in wishing the Texans go on to achieve a 3-0 start next week. (They play the Cowboys!!)
This Diva is Done!